“Slack key guitar music, indigenous to Hawai’i, has been around longer than the blues, and Makana is considered the greatest living player.” ~~Esquire Magazine~~
Composer,Philosopher,Virtuoso Guitarist and Humanitarian Makana joined me on Season 1 Episode 4 of The Philosophical Beat.
One of the most genuine artists who cares and loves humanity… that’s how I felt after having an amazing conversation with Makana in this episode…. I don’t know any other way to describe this fascinating multi-talented (in so many levels) human being.
Tune in to get a mix of philosophical view points as well as artist view points meshed together in a well spoken and thought provoking dialogue with a legend and spirit of Hawaii who carries the torch of his homeland in so many ways beyond his beautiful music.
Makana’s guitar skills are jaw dropping to say the least, his voice is a thousand angels vibrating in your ear.
Join us to hear about Makana’s latest projects both in music and in his projects for helping to make the world a better place.
Quotables & Highlights from this episode:
- “…there is no such thing as conditional love, because that is not love!…” Makana.
- Human Truths we all keep inside
- Makanas experience in writing for oscar nominated movie The Descendants with George Clooney
- Viewpoints on the new generation and conscious parenting
- Makana’s new projects and compositions
Episode Music Clips Credit List: